A Favorite Things Party: A gathering of friends who all bring a set number of their favorite things that cost a set price. Said friends enjoy food and fellowship and then swap their goodies. Everyone goes home with new items.
I had pinned this idea on Pinterest many moons ago. It was one of those ideas that I was always going to get to later. Later finally came a couple of weeks ago.
In simplest terms:
- Set a time and date
- Invite friends
- Let them know how many items to bring as well as the cost
- Plan the food. Either keep it simple yourself or have everyone bring a favorite appetizer. The options are endless.
- Decorations can be as simple or fancy as you’d like. I used paper plates and plastic silverware to keep the cleaning to a minimum. My dining table had a candle, some fresh flowers, the swag bags and was loaded down with all the favorites before we handed them out.
- Eat, drink, be merry.
- Do the survey/game. See also below.
- Swap your faves.
- And there, you’ve done it! Simple, easy and such a fun girls night!
Clockwise in the above photo:
#1 – The favorite thing that I gave out. I asked my guests to bring 5 items/collections that cost $10 or less. I chose to give a quilted jelly jar that held a roll of washi tape, Carmex, my fave pen and a chalkboard clothespin (mine were from Target Dollar Spot…similar HERE). The leopard print bags hold the lids, my fave gum and a free printable from HERE and HERE.
#2 – To the right are the Favorite Things surveys found in the blog post above as well as the gifts for the winners (the survey is a game of sorts). This part was such fun! Talking about everyone’s different preferences spurred a lot of fun conversation.
#3 – I’m so in love with the brown bags and gold foil dots (those and burlap bags from Target)! These were everyone’s bags to take their goodies home in. I wrote each gals name on the feather tag just to make it a little more personal.
Food was very simple. I had veggies and dip, summer sausage, cheese and crackers and a bean salsa type of dip with my FAVE tortilla chips.
We had a special drink available for those that were interested served in mason jars with the most adorable straws.
I just can’t tell you how much fun this was. Besides the yummy food, friends and faves, I told everyone to come casual. It was relaxed and delightful.