It’s the first day of a new week – so I wanted to give a boost. Some pep in your step. So without further ado, here are 3 things we can ALL look forward to this week. Drum-roll please:
#1 – Great is his faithfulness; his loving kindness begins afresh each day. Lamentations 3:23 No matter what happens over the course of the day…no matter how many times you mess up, screw up, hurt someone or fall apart you can count on God’s fresh mercies raining down on you every single morning.
#2 – You get another chance to enjoy whatever greets you when get out of bed in the morning – for me – in a word…coffee. I hope you have a morning routine that you look forward to and I double hope that it involves coffee. I don’t know what it is about that first sip of coffee but seriously…I’m in love. I even sit at night sometimes looking forward to morning because I know I will get my coffee. Now, I have a dear friend who prefers her cold can of Diet Coke. I don’t get it but if that’s your thing – rock on.
Here’s my cup…isn’t she cute?!?
#3 – Each new day brings another chance to count your gifts. I talked about the importance of this habit HERE.
- The breath in your lungs is a gift
- If you are able to get up out of bed, unassisted, and go about your day as normal..that’s a gift
- The opportunity you have to serve, love and give of yourself is a gift
- The choice you have to face the circumstances of your day/life with a positive attitude is a gift
- Specifically for me I love the quiet of my home when the kids are at school, lunch with my hubby, getting my work done, preparing and eating a yummy supper or heading out to a sporting event and I could go on.
Whatever may be going on in your life, God promises that he is with you and that he will work your circumstances for good. Praying we each open our eyes in the morning appreciating God’s mercies, the normal parts of our day that are blessing and then taking the time to name all the ways He is good…that we live fully the minutes turned hours turned days and see His hand at work through it all…that we remember that we are forgiven and loved…and that we fall into His arms when it all feels too hard. These truths are eternal and we CAN look forward to them EVERY day.
Do you have something to add to the list? What do you look forward to each day?